You are here
Conduct and privacy
Code of conduct
We would like that all visitors and users of the Marketplace of the EIP on Smart Cities and Communities have a safe, pleasant and friendly experience on the website. All users of this portal and any kind of contributions they make to the portal are therefore bound by this Code of Conduct.
A contribution to this portal means: any kind of posting to our portal by a user of our portal, including, but not limited to, any text, profile, image, graphic, photograph, video or audio material.
Your use of our portal means that you accept and agree to:
- Only contribute relevant content (news, blog posts, comments, city profiles, projects). Your contribution has to be in some way relevant to the topics covered by the Marketplace of the EIP on Smart Cities and Communities.
- Only contribute content that you own the rights to. Your contribution must not plagiarise or infringe he rights of any other person, including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind
- Not preach hatred, racism or violence, not use obscenities or use ethnic slurs or get personal or insulting in any way. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable. Material also cannot contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content will be deleted.
- Not flood, spam or use any kind of promotion or advertising that is not relevant to the content. For the purposes of this website, flooding is considered as posting the same comment over and over in the same forum; spamming is considered as posting the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
Any kind of contribution or content that does not comply with these rules will not be tolerated. Any user breaking these rules will be banned from the site.
We would also like to ask you to:
- Respect other users and their right to have different opinions and/ or disagree AND do not pick fights.
- Be the first to correct your own mistakes, BUT not to alter previously published content without indicating that you have done so.
- Consider the privacy of other users
- Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
Protect your privacy
We recommend that you protect your privacy. As you know, some parts of your public profile will be publicly available. Please note that you can adjust in your profile settings any time what information you want to be publicly available on the site.
We will not disclose publicly your email or your telephone information to the registered or non-registered users of our site alike. Please note that they will, however, be able to contact you through a contact form, which is protected against spam, which will redirect messages to your email inbox.
Please note that all the articles and comments and city profiles you publish will be connected with your profile. Publishing any personal contact details (email, telephone, and address) is therefore at your own risk.
Read more about the protection of personal data of the Marketplace of the EIP on Smart Cities and Communities.