The EIP-SCC Action Clusters on Citizen Focus and Integrated Planning, Policy & Regulation, in collaboration with ERRIN and ICLEI, organised the Conference Inclusive Smart Cities: A European Manifesto on Citizen Engagement, which took place on 23rd November 2016 in Brussels (Belgium).
The event offered EU-level networks of regional and local authorities, civil society organisations, knowledgeable scholars and industry representatives the opportunity to cooperate and commit to active involvement of citizens. Practical tools for citizens' involvement, policy and regulation were presented and the Manifesto on Inclusive Smart Cities was launched.
The presentations of the afternoon session, focused on examples of best practices from cities, H2020 and Toolkits from EIP-SCC Initiatives, are available online:
- GrowSmarter Project, by Barbara Möhlendick, The city of Koeln.
- Apulian ICT Living Labs and Smart Cities, by Gaetano Grasso, InnovaPuglia SpA.
- How to Build Smart and Age-Friendly Cities, by Anne-Sophie Parent, Age Platform.
- Smart Cities Planning and Implementation: How to Take Citizens into Consideration?, by Simona Costa, Genova Head of office in Brussels, Integrated Planning Policy and Regulation Action cluster leader.
- Citizen City Toolkit: Co-design and co-creation for citizen engagement, John Zib, Social Entrepreneur (download the presentation here) & Anna Domenech, Zabala Innovation Consulting (download the presentation here).
- Privacy by design Guidelines: How to Ensure that the Citizen Privacy is Respected, by Antonio Kung, Trialog-Pripare Project.