Local transformation needs to be brought to the next level in all aspects of society. Europe needs solutions for major environmental, economic and social challenges!
** A session with the EIP-SCC and Smart Cities projects will take place on October 2, at 9.30**
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability and the City of Mannheim will bring together local and regional leaders, European and international institutions and some of the brightest minds working on cutting edge research, businesses and the civil society to forge a more sustainable Europe.
The world faces major environmental, economic and social challenges. Addressing these requires a profound transformation, which will impact all aspects of society. It is time to get serious about taking transformation forward.
Cities are on the frontline. The vast majority of Europe’s population lives in urban areas and 75% of global CO2 emissions comes from cities. As centres of entrepreneurship and creativity, cities have the tools to make change happen.
Cities cannot do it alone. With the European Green Deal, a supporting framework is emerging at the EU level. Cities, towns and urban regions have a crucial role to play in putting this into action. However, they have to work with other stakeholders and levels of government to be most effective.
From 30 September to 2 October 2020, those who can make change happen will gather in Mannheim. Take transformation forward by joining Mayors, local government practitioners, civil society and all other urban stakeholders, businesses, national governments and European institutions at the Mannheim2020 conference.
Support Europe’s transformation for a secure and sustainable future. Register today so you can join:
- Plenary discussions that address the European Green Deal, just transition, digitalisation, and future lifestyles;
- The launch of local response to the European Green Deal;
- Sub-plenary sessions covering topics from circular economy, to carbon-neutral development, nature-based solutions in European cities, and the role of philanthropic capitalism;
- Breakout sessions that dive into innovations and transformations in a range of everyday urban policy areas;
- An innovation market to learn about latest projects and solutions across Europe;
- Guided study tours in Mannheim, highlighting the city’s own transformation;
- Social events, receptions and ceremonies.
A special Mayors session and lunch offer political leaders the perfect opportunity to exchange and connect with peers.
Click here to register today.
For more information, visit here.