"blue_village_franklin" is the biggest conversion project in the whole Rhine-Neckar area at a very large scale.
"blue_village_franklin" is the biggest conversion project in the whole Rhine-Neckar area at a very large scale. (Integrated quarter development concept including mobility). The City of Mannheim implemented a large framework program "Rahmenplan Franklin", in which several "lighthouse projects" are included, e.g. "Energy Mobility Cubes", inductive charged e-busses, high standards in energy efficiency and big projects in smart grids and smart grid integration.
The whole project will be developed hand in hand with local and regional companies from the energy and mobility sector (e.g. Bombardier, MVV, ABB). These companies work together in a board called "Ingenieursmeile" (enginieering mile). Many citizens are also involved in the process. They can help to make the concepts better and more accepted by the citizens.
"blue_village_franklin" combines all aspects of technical innovation in energy efficiency, e-mobility, smart grids and ICT.
1) The City of Mannheim has developed strong ideas connecting all aspects of ICT, transport and mobility in blue_village_franklin. The local energy supplier develops key technologies to control the energy system of the whole area by smart ICT. Our concepts of urban planning and mobility are able to overcome the silos of ICT, energy and transport in a systematic manner. This is our goal: "climate protection with a system".
2) All relevant partners from the public sector (housing companies, energy supplier etc.) and private sector (companies from the "Ingenieursmeile" and SMEs) plus citizens are already involved in the process. Next step will be to build in a more formal way a strong consortium.
Is the commitment potentially open to additional partners and if so, in which priority area (please tick the relevant options)?
- Sustainable Urban Mobility
- Sustainable Districts and Built Environment
- Integrated Infrastructures and Processes across Energy, ICT, and Transport
- Citizen Focus
- Business Models, Procurement and Funding