LIMASSOL CITY INFORMATION e-PLATFORM
The scope of the project is for the City of Limassol to significantly improve services, increase efficiency, and deliver ambitions of real-time operations in providing a broad range of valuable services and information about the city to inhabitants, students, investors and visitors.
Services include :
a) A system of communication and information relevant to the Municipality through ICT.
b) An online system for the management of requests from citizens.
c) An online guide providing a complete range of information for citizens and tourists such as hotels, restaurants, clubs, shops, pharmacies, petrol stations, places of interest, business, tourist and historic routes.
d) A digital city visualization map with information on city infrastructure and terrain features (streets, buildings, parks, etc.), public transportation information, investment areas and other data. The digital city visualization map will include the precise and three-dimensional representation of the city's buildings, roads, archaeological sites, the coastal front, etc. and will provide options for selecting and viewing hotels, public transport, banks, hospitals, cultural and educational institutions, museums, public services, recreation and other places of interest.
The platform provides access both for Internet, computer, smartphones and mobile users through Wi-Fi. The use of open standards enables the interface with other city information systems and platforms such as the Limassol Smart City Parking.
Info Kiosks providing access to the platform will be placed in select city locations as well as in public areas in hotels, ports and marinas, business centers, and by agreement with the owners and authorities.
The digital city facility will be used to engage city residents with a number of value-adding activities including urban planning, urban mobility, public security, environmental management, energy and other resource usage, waste management, recycling and more.
The action contributes to the following actions in the Operational Implementation Plan :
3.2.2 Potential Action 2: City Information Platforms
4.2.1 Potential Action 1: Tools for Community Insight and Engagement
4.2.3 Potential Action 3: Stakeholder Platform for innovation and societal progress
4.2.4 Potential Action 4: City Visualisation
6.2.4 Potential Action 4: City communication and engagement
- Collaboration with ICT industry providers, city networks.
- Using standards and protocols, and common data formats to link the data to other systems operated by the city.
- Re-use existing infrastructure, digital cameras, smartphone apps, Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Involve the Cyprus University of Technology in the design and development.
- Involve ICT suppliers.
- Involve the business and tourism industry, hotels, restaurants, clubs, the marina and other stakeholders.
Is the commitment potentially open to additional partners and if so, in which priority area (please tick the relevant options)?
- Integrated Infrastructures and Processes across Energy, ICT, and Transport
- Citizen Focus
- Business Models, Procurement and Funding
The system will be accessible to all citizens and visitors.
Results expected in
- 2014 Complete Technical documentation, procurement and funding
- 2015 Data collection and upload of information, pilot run
- 2016 and beyond Live run, communication and dissimnation