Main Goal: Support the establishment of a measurement framework for policy-makers and city authorities to monitor and report on smart cities’ projects.
This initiative focuses on the identification of decision-makers’ needs when entering into a smart and sustainable program for the city or community. We bring together commitments addressing these issues and expressing a need for tools. Together we analyse existing KPIs and we monitor the need for additional KPIs (including how to measure and collect data in such a way that comparison would be possible for replication and reporting purposes). In addition, we aim to develop a EU-harmonised standardisation.
In this context, we work with all standardisation-related developments, both at EU level (CEN, CENELEC, ETSI, EU projects etc.) and globally (ISO, IEC, ITU), and thus contribute to coordinating initiatives and converging to common set of standards. To monitor gaps with available tools and define appropriate KPIs and the relation with standardisation issues.
Main efforts go towards the alignment of KPIs categories from major initiatives and standardisation development. We have agreed on 5 major themes:
- PPPGR : People, Planet, Prosperity, Governance, Replication & Scalability
And on 4 main KPI categories, covering KPIs for:
- Decision Making & investing
- Program Management & Evaluation (Improvement)
- Project Evaluation-benchmarking
- Reporting and Communication
The initiative has contributed to the drafting of the Smart Cities Guidance Package, detailing KPIs and Benchmarking Tools to be consistently used at the project level by cities.
Roadmap winter ’17 to spring’18
Five areas of action foreseen:
- Finalise the Smart Cities Guidance Package in collaboration with the initiatives of the Action Cluster Integrated Planning Policy and Regulation’s initiatives.
- Finalise the sets of KPIs and test them in real cases (EU projects, cities and communities - partner initiatives networks, e.g. SCC01s, European energy award, SCIS, Citykeys, Eurocities
- Feed the KPIs database for benchmarking
- Inform European standardisation work and discuss global KPI-related existing standards
- Coordinate standardisation needs from EIP-SCC initiatives
To know more...
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org