With the theme of delivering resilience for smart city projects in times of COVID-19, the EIP-SCC Marketplace team is organising an online matchmaking event from 15 June to 17 June 2020. You can register here.
Find support and connect to smart city investors during the pandemic and beyond by registering here.
- Are you looking to make investments in the area of mobility & transport, ICT or energy?
- Is your city ready to redevelop certain areas?
- Does your business offer a smart city product or service?
If you are a policy maker, a city/regional representative or a business representative, this event is for you.
Taking place online between June 15 and June 17, 2020 our matchmaking event – promoted by the European Commission under the EIP-SCC Marketplace initiative – brings together city/regional representatives, businesses and investors. It focuses on exploring and shaping opportunities for stakeholders involved in smart cities projects.
This is the second event of a series of matchmaking activities, but the first that is delivered fully online. We offer you a forum for discussions, each day covering one specific topic (June 15, Energy day, June 16 Mobility & Transport day and June 17 ICT day), assist in the development of innovative urban ideas and will bring together urban innovators, developers as well as investors and private equity.
Why should you join?
This event fosters the much-needed collaboration between city/regional representatives, policy makers as well as business representatives and investors under consideration of COVID-19. This is a unique occasion to network and explore investment opportunities with key smart cities decision-makers such as local authorities, research institutions as well as leading smart cities and infrastructure investors during this challenging time period.
What can you expect?
You can learn about existing smart city best practices in the areas of mobility & transport, ICT and energy in our Explore Zone during livestreams by best practice smart city projects. Experts will assist you in shaping the concept of your planned smart city project or planned investments in a round-table virtual peer assist format during our Shape discussions. Finally, you can engage in 1:1 virtual meetings between solution providers and the investment community during our focused Deal matchmaking sessions on Smart Cities and Communities (pre-registration required).
The event stretches over three consecutive days, each having a different focus. We kick off our first day with Energy at the heart of the discussions (detailed agenda can be found here)
The second day will feature smart city projects that address mobility & transport (detailed agenda can be found here). And our last day will be centred around ICT-related aspects of Smart Cities (detailed agenda can be found here).
How does it work?
Our event consists of a mix of online sessions:
- Introduction and debrief sessions each day at the start and at the end. These are meant to give an overview of the things happening at our event.
- Daily panel discussions focussing on the main topic of each event day: Energy, Mobility & Transport, ICT.
- Webinars that explore best practices in Smart City Projects across Europe.
- Expert peer assist workshops (by invitation only) to shape your project proposals and make them bankable.
- 1:1 networking meetings allowing you to meet-up with fellow participants and set up collaborations on your smart city endeavours.
- 1:1 deal meetings: these are by invitation only, and allow those with mature smart city project proposals to discuss these with investors from the Smart City Marketplace Investor Network.