Innovative Financing In Cities And Regions: Join A Unique EU P2PLearning Programme
The new H2020 PROSPECT Peer-to-Peer learning project has just launched its first engagement campaign!
PROSPECT will offer EU Cities and Regions a total of 3 learning cycles on innovative financing schemes for energy and climate actions, starting respectively in May 2018, September 2018 and March 2019.
You can now apply online to the first learning cycle starting in May 2018, either as a mentor or mentee city or region, and before the 28th February 2018.
Your city or region has ambitious energy and climate objectives? Your local strategies and action plans are ready?
You are not alone!
A growing number of European cities and regions have engaged in the energy transition. They are taking local action to mitigate climate change, adapt to its unavoidable consequences and provide their citizens with access to secure, sustainable and affordable energy. Many are signatories of the Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy initiative and have developed Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAPs) to reduce CO2 emissions by at least 40% by 2030.
But…the last step – securing financing and project implementation – is a problem?
Again, you are not alone!
The most pressing challenges the cities face today are the restrained public budgets and the lack of staff resources and capacities to invest in local green economy. Public authorities often rely on a traditional approach to financing, governance and partnerships sometimes at odds with today’s fast changing environment, intensely steered by the civil society initiatives (e.g. emerging cooperatives, crowdfunding). Cities and regions need to leverage these emerging models and implement innovative financing schemes and incentives that would unlock citizens, local stakeholders, financing institutions and investors’ funds and facilitate their participation in local energy transition.
Or... maybe you have already managed to secure financing for your project while mobilising other financial sources than the municipal budget?
In this case, congratulations, you are a real champion! Rare are examples when cities and regions implement innovative financing schemes and incentives that mobilise citizens, local stakeholders, financing institutions and investors’ funds for sustainable energy and climate projects.
Whatever your level of expertise, you can join the new H2020 PROSPECT peer to peer learning programmes, either as mentor or mentee!
How does it work?
We tell you in this 2-minute video presentation:
And to answer all your questions, detailed booklets on Peer mentoring and Study visits activities, as well as an FAQ and a Helpdesk are available on the PROSPECT website.
As a mentee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify a local project and challenge you face.
- Establish your personal learning objectives.
- Exchange on a one-to-one basis with your Mentor and get a tailor-made assistance adapted to your learning objectives and needs.
- Get direct access to a network of cities, regions and energy agencies facing the same challenges as you.
- Obtain a certificate
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your achievements in the field of sustainable energy and climate action at European level. We will feature your case study and expertise within the PROSPECT training materials, peer to peer learning programme, EU-wide events and communication channels of our partners and the Covenant of Mayors initiative.
- Organise one-to-one peer mentoring meeting or a study visit programme tailored towards the challenges identified by the mentees, with the support of the PROSPECT team. You will be able to re-use this programme for any future peer visits and local events.
- Exchange, confront your ideas and enrich your experience directly with your peers. The programme gives you direct access to cities, regions and energy agencies facing the same challenges as you.
- Participate in a study visit of your choice. PROSPECT will cover your travel costs.
- Obtain a certificate
How to join?
Interested to participate in the learning programme? Get further information and sign up here!